How to Apply
How to Apply
Download Application Form
Print and complete the Application form (in Black ink)
Edit and complete the Application Form in Microsoft Word®
Submit your Application form to our London Gateway Office;
Please post your completed application form to:
Mr B Plant
South Coast Port Services Ltd
1 London Gateway,
Stanford Le Hope,
Please email your completed application form to: [email protected]
Gate Service Co-ordinator - London Gateway
Job Ref: GSC-LG
Full-time - Permanent (any five over seven shift pattern)
£10.91 per hour
(with the opportunity of overtime as/when required)
Guaranteed minimum hours - 36 per week.
London Gateway, Thurrock
We are currently seeking to recruit a Gate Service Co-ordinator to be based at the London Gateway Port, Corringham, Stanford le Hope, Essex. The port operates 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
Main Duties / Responsibilites:
To act as first point of contact for Hauliers and customers arriving at London Gateway.
• Provide assistance to Hauliers to help resolve any issues that may arise during the drop off / pick up process ;
• Direct any Hauliers carrying OOG or break bulk cargo to the correct area;
• Immediately communicate any problems or expected delays with the appropriate Supervisor;
• Cover Gate Tally Checker duties when required;
• Receive and check dangerous goods notes supplied by Hauliers;• Check ADR documentation;
• Using the Terminal Systems, amend incorrect container information;
• Perform a timely and effective handover;
• Attend training courses as required;
• Answer phone calls in a polite and timely manner;
• Have a thorough understanding of the Gate Operating System and Vehicle Booking System.
• Direct contact with Hauliers regarding the use of the Driver Registration system provided by London Gateway;
• Direct contact with London Gateway security department where queries about the status of applications exist;
• To configure and print driver cards and send them to the applicants;
• To understand all aspects of the Driver Registration system to be able to diagnose and solve any issues that may arise.
• Direct contact with Hauliers and drivers who are utilising the VBS application provided by London Gateway;
• Direct contact with London Gateway Operations department where queries about status in Gateway systems exist;
• To understand all aspects of the use and operation of the VBS application to be able to diagnose and solve any issues that may arise.
• To maintain an excellent standard of service that reflects that of the London Gateway by achieving a better than 90% First Call Resolution rate;
• Involvement with the development and training of VBS and Gate operations;
• To be an ambassador for the company at all times internally and externally;
• Ensure safety and discipline in the work area and report accidents and ‘near misses’ in accordance with defined safety procedures.
The above outlined responsibilities are not exhaustive and you may be required to carry out other tasks that are appropriate to your role in addition to these.
• Minimum educational level; GCSE Maths and English grade C and above, or equivalent;
• Full driving license
• I.T. literate with good knowledge of MS Word and Excel.
• Experience dealing with Hauliers desirable but not essential.
If you wish to be considered for the position please download, complete and return an application form.
How to Apply
All applicants will go through a selection process to be short listed for an assessment day which will consist of psychometric tests and interview.
Selected candidates will receive full training for the position.
If you wish to be considered for the position, please download an application form below;
Closing Date for all Applications is Monday 15th October 2018
Call (02380) 237051
Email [email protected]
©2016-2018 South Coast Port Services Ltd
Get in touch
SCPS Container Division
Call (01375) 648344
1 London Gateway
Stanford Le Hope